So… how much does a wedding DJ cost?
But there’s a lot more to booking the right wedding DJ than just knowing how much they cost.
How to choose a wedding DJ (using a sandwich analogy)
To figure out which DJ will tick all your boxes, do your research. Look at their website.
- Does it include pics from actual weddings or is it full of stock photos?
- Is there a picture of the DJ on there, or is it a mystery who this person actually is?
- How do they present themselves?
- What do they dress like?
- Do they actually mix?
- Have they won any awards?
- Can you listen to examples of them performing at actual weddings?
- Can you see videos of them at actual weddings?
- Do they interact with guests in a fun way, or do they sit in the corner waiting to just press ‘play’?
- Do they have ideas and experience in creating a timeline that keeps things moving in a fun and interesting way?
- Do they invest in ongoing training and education?
- Do they invest in high quality equipment, and have backups should something fail?
- Do they have public liability insurance?
- Do they purchase their music legally or use crappy sounding YouTube audio rips?
- Do they roll out the same old tragic party ‘favourites’ at every single wedding, or do they truly customise a playlist to suit the people in attendance?
- Can you meet them, or at least talk to them, before booking?
- Do they come highly recommended by your venue/photographer/celebrant etc.
Once you’ve found the perfect person to manage your wedding entertainment, you’ll know how much to budget for your DJ – exactly what they charge.
Give us a call or let’s meet so we can find out if we’re the right sandwich for you.
And on that note we’re going off to make ourselves a crispy pancetta, caramelised walnuts, baby celery and mayonnaise sandwich on organic, gluten-free sourdough ciabatta. Bon appetit!